Hyper Text Markup Language, and Extensions
- The official HTML 3.0 tags
- Viola extensions
DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT
The content in this chapter is at the moment rather ... lean. am working on it.
This book will decribe the specifics of viola's implementation of HTML.
For general guides to writing HTML, refer to [....].
The Markup Tag Set
What follow is a catalog of what's implemented in ViolaWWW. Refer to HTML 3.0
RFC for the official standard and more details of the tag usage.
Differences from the official 3.0 is pointed out in the documentation
for the individual tags.
- Paragraph etc: P, L, BR
- Anchor: A
- Font styles: B, BOLD, STRONG,
EM, EMPH, I, ITALIC, TT, DFN, CITE, CODE, KEY, KBD, CMD, VAR, SAMP
- Headers: H1..H7
- Listings: XMP, EXAMPLE, PRE
TEXTAREA, PLAIN, PLAINTEXT, SCREEN, LIT, LISTING, BLOCKQUOTE, QUOTE, DIR, MENU
- Lists: OL, OLC, UL, ULC, LI, DL, DT, DD
- Document title: TITLE
- Author signature: ADDRESS
- Index field: ISINDEX
- Document head and body: HEAD, BODY
- Document wrapper: HTML
- Containers: SECTION
- Document insert: INSERT
- Graphics: IMG, IMAGE, FIG, FIGURE, FIGDATA,
- Table Tags: TABLE, TCAP, TH, TD, TR, TB
- Rules: HR, VR
- Input Forms: FORM, INPUT, SELECT, OPTION, MH
- Footnote (exp): FOOTNOTE
- Caution header (exp): CAUTION
- Meta information links: LINK
- Columns Formatter: HPANE, COL2, COL3, COL4
- Math: MATH, SUB, SUP, BOX, OVER
The entities table, and a small collection of
Previous Chapter (10),
Next Chapter (12)